- Air Canada’s enRoute Film Festival finalists to be announced at Vancouver screening event
- Annual Events
- Core Studio Giveaway!!
- DESIGN EXCHANGE (DX) ANNUAL BLACK & WHITE GALA NOVEMBER 12th, 2011
- Fortune Cooking Food Festival
- George Restaurant Mother’s Day Lunch
- Harbourfront Centre Announces Summer Festival Season Highlights
- HarbourKIDS: Monster
- Insertion Form
- June 2014
- Mariposa’s Mother’s Day Brunch and Dinner Cruises
- More than just wine at the Niagara Food & Wine Expo
- Philip Sparks Big Summer Sale
- PLASTIC SURGERY NEWS WITH SPECIAL GUEST SPEAKER DR MARTIN JUGENBURG
- Press Release
- Say aloha to Sweet Snow Shave Ice
- Special Events
- The Civilized Bride Show
- Toronto Flower Market at 99 Sudbury
- ‘DEAR 16 YEAR OLD ME’ VIRAL SENSATION TO BE CELEBRATED WITH FUNDRAISER FOR THE DAVID CORNFIELD MELANOMA FUND
- Top 5
- The Tip Jar
Would You Wear It: Jelly Sandals
Let’s take a trip down memory lane and talk about a little trend called jelly sandals. Any 90’s it girl will remember this huge fashion trend and, like me, is ecstatic about their return. Classic brands like Jelly Beans and JuJu Jellies are making a return and re-launching this well-loved fad.
However, designers such as Yves Saint Laurent and Givenchy have gotten in on the trend adding their own couture twist.
I’m not too sure about the YSL jelly heels but I personally love the classic jelly sandals made by Juju and Jelly Beans. I’m a sucker for anything nostalgic even if it means wearing PVC plastic on my feet. I think they’re a fun way to put a 90’s spin on any outfit. And the best part about these sandals are the endless possibilities and colour choices. Not to mention the glitter-infused ones.
So while some may argue this trend is ‘kiddish’ and should stay back in the 90’s where we left it, I think trends are always meant to come back, even for just a little while. I think First Lady, Michelle Obama would agree as she’s seen here rocking a pair of jelly flats.
Now, would you wear jelly sandals? Tweet me your thoughts @journjess!
About Jessica AlbotraGrowing up in a small town, I always knew I belonged in the city. And my love of writing brought me to Toronto to pursue Journalism. I’m new to the fashion-writing world but I’ve always adored the industry. Make-up is my first love and when I’m not typing away you can find me covered in swatches testing out the newest products. I’m an amature baker, aspiring traveler and a self-proclaimed professional instagram photo editor. Follow my journey into the fashion world here and @journjess.
Rihanna For Bazaar Arabia
Rihanna has been featured on a few tracks the past...
Men’s 10 Worst Fashion Faux Pas
Ladies, we put a lot of pressure on ourselves to...
World Cup: Round of 16 Predictions
The round of 16 begins Saturday after one of the...
The first official day of summer has just come and...
MYNC Brow & Lash Bar
I was lucky enough to be invited to MYNC Brow...
NHL’s Finest on Display in Las Vegas
The NHL awards were handed out this past Tuesday night...
Your Go-To Guide to Pairing Food & Wine!
Gear up because we’re going to battle! At least, that’s...
Hazelton Lanes Shopping Centre: The Heart of Bloor-Yorkville
Hazelton Lanes Shopping Centre, situated in Canada’s most affluent...
- June 22, 2011