- Air Canada’s enRoute Film Festival finalists to be announced at Vancouver screening event
- Annual Events
- Core Studio Giveaway!!
- DESIGN EXCHANGE (DX) ANNUAL BLACK & WHITE GALA NOVEMBER 12th, 2011
- Fortune Cooking Food Festival
- George Restaurant Mother’s Day Lunch
- Harbourfront Centre Announces Summer Festival Season Highlights
- HarbourKIDS: Monster
- Insertion Form
- June 2014
- Mariposa’s Mother’s Day Brunch and Dinner Cruises
- More than just wine at the Niagara Food & Wine Expo
- Philip Sparks Big Summer Sale
- PLASTIC SURGERY NEWS WITH SPECIAL GUEST SPEAKER DR MARTIN JUGENBURG
- Press Release
- Say aloha to Sweet Snow Shave Ice
- Special Events
- The Civilized Bride Show
- Toronto Flower Market at 99 Sudbury
- ‘DEAR 16 YEAR OLD ME’ VIRAL SENSATION TO BE CELEBRATED WITH FUNDRAISER FOR THE DAVID CORNFIELD MELANOMA FUND
- Top 5
- The Tip Jar
Hey, Listen! CMW Diary, Day 4: The Damn Truth
Very little beats the Friday night of CMW, and I couldn’t have made a better choice of venue last night than The Horseshoe Tavern. Packed to capacity as usual, the atmosphere was absolutely amazing – and then I was magnificently blown away by a new musical discovery, a marvelous little band called The Damn Truth, hailing from Montreal.
When The Damn Truth took the stage, I literally had to pick my jaw off the floor (and I’m sure my friend was beyond irritated by me constantly saying “They’re so amazing!”). They rock a kick ass front lady, Lee-La Baum, who I kept describing all night as ‘if Janis Joplin and Robert Plant had a baby’. Not only was I super impressed with her boho-chic style, but I was so happy to be in the presence of such an influential woman on stage! Her classic rock ‘n’ roll vocals would rival any rock band, and her stage presence can only be described as powerful. Not to mention she happens to be sharing the stage with the rest of the band, Tom Shemer, David Massé and David Traina, who are truly rock gods in the making. If you don’t check these guys out, well…I can only assume you don’t like music!
Check out their website http://thedamntruth.com
About Alex PayneAlex Payne is a fashion student living in Toronto, and a complete pop culture junkie. She's an avid blogger, writing about beauty, fashion, dating, music and film. She's obsessed with cupcakes, Kate Spade and The Simpsons. Oh, and vodka.
Rihanna For Bazaar Arabia
Rihanna has been featured on a few tracks the past...
Men’s 10 Worst Fashion Faux Pas
Ladies, we put a lot of pressure on ourselves to...
World Cup: Round of 16 Predictions
The round of 16 begins Saturday after one of the...
The first official day of summer has just come and...
MYNC Brow & Lash Bar
I was lucky enough to be invited to MYNC Brow...
NHL’s Finest on Display in Las Vegas
The NHL awards were handed out this past Tuesday night...
Your Go-To Guide to Pairing Food & Wine!
Gear up because we’re going to battle! At least, that’s...
Hazelton Lanes Shopping Centre: The Heart of Bloor-Yorkville
Hazelton Lanes Shopping Centre, situated in Canada’s most affluent...
- June 22, 2011