- Air Canada’s enRoute Film Festival finalists to be announced at Vancouver screening event
- Annual Events
- Core Studio Giveaway!!
- DESIGN EXCHANGE (DX) ANNUAL BLACK & WHITE GALA NOVEMBER 12th, 2011
- Fortune Cooking Food Festival
- George Restaurant Mother’s Day Lunch
- Harbourfront Centre Announces Summer Festival Season Highlights
- HarbourKIDS: Monster
- Insertion Form
- June 2014
- Mariposa’s Mother’s Day Brunch and Dinner Cruises
- More than just wine at the Niagara Food & Wine Expo
- Philip Sparks Big Summer Sale
- PLASTIC SURGERY NEWS WITH SPECIAL GUEST SPEAKER DR MARTIN JUGENBURG
- Press Release
- Say aloha to Sweet Snow Shave Ice
- Special Events
- The Civilized Bride Show
- Toronto Flower Market at 99 Sudbury
- ‘DEAR 16 YEAR OLD ME’ VIRAL SENSATION TO BE CELEBRATED WITH FUNDRAISER FOR THE DAVID CORNFIELD MELANOMA FUND
- Top 5
- The Tip Jar
Hey, Listen! CMW Diary, Day 1: Kenny vs. Spenny
I’m absolutely thrilled that my first CMW 2014 event was being in the presence of two of the most amazing people on earth: Kenny Hotz and Spencer Rice, aka Kenny vs. Spenny, aka ultimate Canadian treasures. I’m absolutely obsessed with their TV show, so I was beyond stoked to see that they would be stopping in Toronto during CMW for their cross Canada tour, and could by no means pass up on this opportunity.
Nothing beats seeing any artist perform in their hometown, and these two absolutely delivered for their dedicated Toronto fans. Between Kenny ripping on Spenny (as usual), never-before-seen clips from their show, and the audience paying Spenny to eat Kenny’s tongue scrapings (yes, you read that correctly), I was simultaneously crying with laughter and gagging with disgust.
To top it off, in honour of appearing during Canadian Music Week, Kenny graced us with a live performance of his ‘Grandpa’ song, which didn’t disappoint. They also revisited some of their favourite music moments from the show, including Spenny rocking out to Kenny on the keyboard while tripping on acid with an octopus on his head. Ridiculous, yet unbelievably amazing. Such an incredible way to kick off CMW!
Check out the rest of their tour dates here, and take part in the insanity.
Stay tuned for some incredible bands and more CMW events every day this week! Rock on, Toronto!
About Alex PayneAlex Payne is a fashion student living in Toronto, and a complete pop culture junkie. She's an avid blogger, writing about beauty, fashion, dating, music and film. She's obsessed with cupcakes, Kate Spade and The Simpsons. Oh, and vodka.
Rihanna For Bazaar Arabia
Rihanna has been featured on a few tracks the past...
Men’s 10 Worst Fashion Faux Pas
Ladies, we put a lot of pressure on ourselves to...
World Cup: Round of 16 Predictions
The round of 16 begins Saturday after one of the...
The first official day of summer has just come and...
MYNC Brow & Lash Bar
I was lucky enough to be invited to MYNC Brow...
NHL’s Finest on Display in Las Vegas
The NHL awards were handed out this past Tuesday night...
Your Go-To Guide to Pairing Food & Wine!
Gear up because we’re going to battle! At least, that’s...
Hazelton Lanes Shopping Centre: The Heart of Bloor-Yorkville
Hazelton Lanes Shopping Centre, situated in Canada’s most affluent...
- June 22, 2011