- Air Canada’s enRoute Film Festival finalists to be announced at Vancouver screening event
- Annual Events
- Core Studio Giveaway!!
- DESIGN EXCHANGE (DX) ANNUAL BLACK & WHITE GALA NOVEMBER 12th, 2011
- Fortune Cooking Food Festival
- George Restaurant Mother’s Day Lunch
- Harbourfront Centre Announces Summer Festival Season Highlights
- HarbourKIDS: Monster
- Insertion Form
- June 2014
- Mariposa’s Mother’s Day Brunch and Dinner Cruises
- More than just wine at the Niagara Food & Wine Expo
- Philip Sparks Big Summer Sale
- PLASTIC SURGERY NEWS WITH SPECIAL GUEST SPEAKER DR MARTIN JUGENBURG
- Press Release
- Say aloha to Sweet Snow Shave Ice
- Special Events
- The Civilized Bride Show
- Toronto Flower Market at 99 Sudbury
- ‘DEAR 16 YEAR OLD ME’ VIRAL SENSATION TO BE CELEBRATED WITH FUNDRAISER FOR THE DAVID CORNFIELD MELANOMA FUND
- Top 5
- The Tip Jar
Breakfast in bed…for DAD!
When it comes to fathers, keeping things simple is the best way to make them happy. They will absolutely love whatever dish or nice gesture you do for them. This Father’s Day, whip up your dad or grandpa a delicious meal by taking two simple breakfasts and giving them a fun and delicious twist.
French Toast BLT | serves 2
4 slices sourdough bread
4 eggs, lightly beaten
¾ c milk
¼ c chives
½ tsp Cajun spice
¼ tsp sea salt
8 slices maple bacon
4 lettuce leaves
8 tomato slices
3 tbsp butter
1. Preheat Oven to 375°, place bacon on foil lined baking sheet and bake for until crisp – approximately 15 minutes, flipping halfway.
2. While bacon is cooking, whisk eggs, milk chives, Cajun spice and salt in a large bowl (big enough to fit 2 slices of bread), soak bread slices for 10 minutes each, turning halfway.
3. Melt butter until sizzling in a large pan over medium heat, add bread and cook until golden and slightly crisped – approximately 4 minutes each side.
4. Remove bacon from oven when ready and turn off, transferring cooked pieces of bread inside to stay warm until ready to serve.
5. When bread is ready, place half of tomato slices, lettuce, bacon and avocado slices on a slice of French toast, top with another slice and make second sandwich.
About Amanda SantaluciaAmanda Santalucia, originally from Montreal is a driven Marketing student, currently developing her Advertising career in Toronto. Remaining active as a young adult, her passion for health and fitness sparked several years ago while reading an intriguing health related book. After being diagnosed with various food intolerances shortly following, Amanda began to explore several diets, the effect of stress and different environments on the digestive system, food groupings, food health benefits and more. Currently, she practices a healthy lifestyle, free of gluten, dairy, meat, GMO’s and refined food. Amanda enjoys experimenting in the kitchen and believes in creating foods using healthy alternatives without substituting great taste.
Rihanna For Bazaar Arabia
Rihanna has been featured on a few tracks the past...
Men’s 10 Worst Fashion Faux Pas
Ladies, we put a lot of pressure on ourselves to...
World Cup: Round of 16 Predictions
The round of 16 begins Saturday after one of the...
The first official day of summer has just come and...
MYNC Brow & Lash Bar
I was lucky enough to be invited to MYNC Brow...
NHL’s Finest on Display in Las Vegas
The NHL awards were handed out this past Tuesday night...
Your Go-To Guide to Pairing Food & Wine!
Gear up because we’re going to battle! At least, that’s...
Hazelton Lanes Shopping Centre: The Heart of Bloor-Yorkville
Hazelton Lanes Shopping Centre, situated in Canada’s most affluent...
- June 22, 2011