- Air Canada’s enRoute Film Festival finalists to be announced at Vancouver screening event
- Annual Events
- Core Studio Giveaway!!
- DESIGN EXCHANGE (DX) ANNUAL BLACK & WHITE GALA NOVEMBER 12th, 2011
- Fortune Cooking Food Festival
- George Restaurant Mother’s Day Lunch
- Harbourfront Centre Announces Summer Festival Season Highlights
- HarbourKIDS: Monster
- Insertion Form
- June 2014
- Mariposa’s Mother’s Day Brunch and Dinner Cruises
- More than just wine at the Niagara Food & Wine Expo
- Philip Sparks Big Summer Sale
- PLASTIC SURGERY NEWS WITH SPECIAL GUEST SPEAKER DR MARTIN JUGENBURG
- Press Release
- Say aloha to Sweet Snow Shave Ice
- Special Events
- The Civilized Bride Show
- Toronto Flower Market at 99 Sudbury
- ‘DEAR 16 YEAR OLD ME’ VIRAL SENSATION TO BE CELEBRATED WITH FUNDRAISER FOR THE DAVID CORNFIELD MELANOMA FUND
- Top 5
- The Tip Jar
Remember These: Topsy Tail
Hairstyles of the late 90s and early 2000s were something else. There were scrunchies and Sun-In and then butterfly clips and bucket hats. I desperately wanted Gwen Stefani’s mini-buns or at least those jewels she wore around her eyes. Either way it was a time innovation and creativity in the hair world. Excessive ponytails were in; the more hair bands on your ponytail the better. So let’s talk the queen ponytail tool of them all—the Topsy Tail.
Topsy Tail was grand idea of Accessory Brainstorms and (apparently) it was the “best selling hair invention in history”*. No way? What about the Bump-It?
I was never master of the Topsy Tail, although I surely tried to be. The Topsy Tail created a stylish look that was pretty much a mash-up of the hairstyles of Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman and Topanga. This Topsy Tail commercial will show you exactly what I mean. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsb3g5BbYi8
for Accessory Brainstorms still exists if you’re dying for little more backstory or a live seminar on “How to Get Your Invention to Market.” The Topsy Tail “idea” might be making a small comeback— I found some elegant and “grown-up” Topsy Tail adaptions on Pinterest! Do you ladies remember the Topsy Tail? What were some of your favorite throwback hair styles? @TOCityGossip @lkewolves
About Moira O'ConnellMoira is a writer & makeup-lover based in Toronto. She has a background in archiving, coffee slinging & relocating (also signing Iggy Pop a little too loud). She’s pretty sure she was born in the wrong decade, maybe even century. Swears by: red lipstick, bell bottoms & selkies. You can check out her lifestyle blog at http://lkewolves.blogspot.ca or follow her on Twitter @lkwolves
Rihanna For Bazaar Arabia
Rihanna has been featured on a few tracks the past...
Men’s 10 Worst Fashion Faux Pas
Ladies, we put a lot of pressure on ourselves to...
World Cup: Round of 16 Predictions
The round of 16 begins Saturday after one of the...
The first official day of summer has just come and...
MYNC Brow & Lash Bar
I was lucky enough to be invited to MYNC Brow...
NHL’s Finest on Display in Las Vegas
The NHL awards were handed out this past Tuesday night...
Your Go-To Guide to Pairing Food & Wine!
Gear up because we’re going to battle! At least, that’s...
Hazelton Lanes Shopping Centre: The Heart of Bloor-Yorkville
Hazelton Lanes Shopping Centre, situated in Canada’s most affluent...
- June 22, 2011