- Air Canada’s enRoute Film Festival finalists to be announced at Vancouver screening event
- Annual Events
- Core Studio Giveaway!!
- DESIGN EXCHANGE (DX) ANNUAL BLACK & WHITE GALA NOVEMBER 12th, 2011
- Fortune Cooking Food Festival
- George Restaurant Mother’s Day Lunch
- Harbourfront Centre Announces Summer Festival Season Highlights
- HarbourKIDS: Monster
- Insertion Form
- June 2014
- Mariposa’s Mother’s Day Brunch and Dinner Cruises
- More than just wine at the Niagara Food & Wine Expo
- Philip Sparks Big Summer Sale
- PLASTIC SURGERY NEWS WITH SPECIAL GUEST SPEAKER DR MARTIN JUGENBURG
- Press Release
- Say aloha to Sweet Snow Shave Ice
- Special Events
- The Civilized Bride Show
- Toronto Flower Market at 99 Sudbury
- ‘DEAR 16 YEAR OLD ME’ VIRAL SENSATION TO BE CELEBRATED WITH FUNDRAISER FOR THE DAVID CORNFIELD MELANOMA FUND
- Top 5
- The Tip Jar
Vogue – Supper Club
Let’s say it’s a saturday night and you’re feeling that internal drum … You know, the one that tells you it’s time to shake a leg and hit up a bar. Where to? Richmond is young, king street is too much, muzik is too secluded, College too old.
That was me, and I ventured into liberty village to, not Maro, but Vogue supper club. Nestled in a corner at Liberty and Mowatt, you would miss it if the sound of music wasn’t tickling your ears. A new establishment that features a cozy dining room downstairs and a very beautiful lounge upstairs. The lounge is quaint, comfortable and extremely well laid out. The bars are easy to spot, accessible, and the bar staff is amazing. There wasn’t a drop of snotty industry staff attitude in the building.
But did I love it? No.
The night tried to be a regular club night making conversation extremely difficult over the loud music. The crowd just wasn’t there to satisfy that “king street” vibe and instead of me feeling as if I was at my final destination, I felt more at a pre-drink spot.
So my verdict – don’t try to compete with Maro. Let them have the blaring speakers and overcrowded dance floor, instead focus on quality. Compliment your neighbour and offer an alternative. Turn down the music, set the other senses to match the venue and give your dinner clientelle an opportunity to enjoy a drink at the same gorgeous venue they just enjoyed their meal in.
Rihanna For Bazaar Arabia
Rihanna has been featured on a few tracks the past...
Men’s 10 Worst Fashion Faux Pas
Ladies, we put a lot of pressure on ourselves to...
World Cup: Round of 16 Predictions
The round of 16 begins Saturday after one of the...
The first official day of summer has just come and...
MYNC Brow & Lash Bar
I was lucky enough to be invited to MYNC Brow...
NHL’s Finest on Display in Las Vegas
The NHL awards were handed out this past Tuesday night...
Your Go-To Guide to Pairing Food & Wine!
Gear up because we’re going to battle! At least, that’s...
Hazelton Lanes Shopping Centre: The Heart of Bloor-Yorkville
Hazelton Lanes Shopping Centre, situated in Canada’s most affluent...
- June 22, 2011