- Air Canada’s enRoute Film Festival finalists to be announced at Vancouver screening event
- Annual Events
- Core Studio Giveaway!!
- DESIGN EXCHANGE (DX) ANNUAL BLACK & WHITE GALA NOVEMBER 12th, 2011
- Fortune Cooking Food Festival
- George Restaurant Mother’s Day Lunch
- Harbourfront Centre Announces Summer Festival Season Highlights
- HarbourKIDS: Monster
- Insertion Form
- June 2014
- Mariposa’s Mother’s Day Brunch and Dinner Cruises
- More than just wine at the Niagara Food & Wine Expo
- Philip Sparks Big Summer Sale
- PLASTIC SURGERY NEWS WITH SPECIAL GUEST SPEAKER DR MARTIN JUGENBURG
- Press Release
- Say aloha to Sweet Snow Shave Ice
- Special Events
- The Civilized Bride Show
- Toronto Flower Market at 99 Sudbury
- ‘DEAR 16 YEAR OLD ME’ VIRAL SENSATION TO BE CELEBRATED WITH FUNDRAISER FOR THE DAVID CORNFIELD MELANOMA FUND
- Top 5
- The Tip Jar
The highlights from last months Digi Awards + nextMEDIA Conf.
On December 3 and 4 about 600 people registered to attend nextMEDIA, a conference for Canada’s leading media buyers, publishers, agencies and content producers converged for two days of networking and learning in downtown Toronto on Dec 3rd and Dec 4th. Followed by the Digi Awards. Canada’s top digital executives came together at the Carlu for two full days of exploring what’s next in media and advertising.
The 2012 Digi Awards (URL : http://www.nextmediaevents.com/toronto/the-digis.php ) founded by Achilles Media took place to celebrate Canada’s digital industry achievements and developments within this past year. The awards were revealed at the prestigious Carlu, located in the heart of Toronto. The Digis are an annual showcase that recognize the who’s who of Canada’s elite in the media landscape. Hosted by YouTube celebrity Harley Morenstein (@HarleyPlays) and award-winning TV host and producer Anne-Marie Withenshaw followed by laughs in between with co-hosts Andrew Bravener and Andrew Gunadie.
The Digis had 20 categories which featured a diverse roster from Best in Branded Entertainment, Best in Digital Advertising, Best Use of Social Media, Best in Canadian Culture to name a few. Canadian leaders in advertising, media and technology gathered to congratulate the contestants and winners.
The 2012 Digi Awards Winners:
- Best in Branded Entertainment: McDonald’s Happy Studio, Fuel Industries, McDonald’s Europe
- Best in Digital Advertising: Scratch ‘N Win Contest, Yellow Pages Group
- Best Use of Social Media: Tweet-A-Carol, Juniper Park, Toronto Pearson International Airport
- Best in Canadian Culture: Burquette, Attraction Images, National Film Board of Canada, Turbulent Media
- Best in Community Campaigns: Earth Rangers empowers kids to Bring Back the Wild, Earth Rangers
- Best in E-Learning: Montreal: Evolution through Architecture and Urbanism (ARTH298M), eConcordia
- Best in Mobile Applications: Totally Amp’d, Smokebomb Entertainment
- Best in Tablet Applications: Aux Magazine for iPad, AUX TV, Blue Ant Media
- Best in Cross-Platform, Fiction: ZED.TO, ZED.TO
- Best in Cross-Platform, Non-Fiction: D-Day To Victory, The Secret Location
- Best in Cross-Platform, Kids: In Real Life Interactive, The Secret Location
- Best in Mobile Gaming: My Singing Monsters, Big Blue Bubble
- Best in Web Gaming: Warframe, Digital Extremes
- Best in Digital Lifestyle & Entertainment: YummyMummyClub.ca, YummyMummyClub
- Best in Digital News & Current Affairs: CBCnews.ca, CBC
- Best in Web Series, Fiction: Guidestones, iThentic / Smiley Guy Studios
- Best in Web Series, Non-Fiction: Bear71, National Film Board of Canada
- Canada’s Most Promising Digital Media Company: JuiceMobile.ca, Juice Mobile
- Most Innovative Digital Media Technology: Evolution Engine, Digital Extremes Ltd
Canada’s 2012 Top Digital Companies:
- A Thinking Ape
- Broadband TV
- Klick Inc.
- Stingray Digital
- Toonbox Entertainment
Some photos of the exhibitors at nextMEDIA event
Rihanna For Bazaar Arabia
Rihanna has been featured on a few tracks the past...
Men’s 10 Worst Fashion Faux Pas
Ladies, we put a lot of pressure on ourselves to...
World Cup: Round of 16 Predictions
The round of 16 begins Saturday after one of the...
The first official day of summer has just come and...
MYNC Brow & Lash Bar
I was lucky enough to be invited to MYNC Brow...
NHL’s Finest on Display in Las Vegas
The NHL awards were handed out this past Tuesday night...
Your Go-To Guide to Pairing Food & Wine!
Gear up because we’re going to battle! At least, that’s...
Hazelton Lanes Shopping Centre: The Heart of Bloor-Yorkville
Hazelton Lanes Shopping Centre, situated in Canada’s most affluent...
- June 22, 2011